We at LESLEY HAMPTON believe in slow fashion. The majority of our items are made to order and can take up to 4-6 weeks to create before shipping. COVID-19 could extend this by 2 weeks. By purchasing made-to-order pieces, you are helping reduce wasteful overproduction while also supporting small businesses. LESLEY HAMPTON has embedded sustainable practices into the ethos of our brand with quality at the forefront. This gives our clients the ability to keep garments for a lifetime, whilst remaining confident that the best efforts were put forward in all aspects of garment production and distribution. The first steps to a more sustainable fashion industry lay in building awareness, accountability, and willingness to change. We continually search for durable solutions to improve our business' production and manufacturing. Sustainable designs and production are a top priority in our garments' entire journey, from sketch book and drafting board to being carried on the beautiful bodies of our clients.
Our 2021 Sustainability Initiatives
- Signature Collection items are made-to-order locally in Toronto, Canada, and when possible, are custom-sized to the client to ensure perfect fit.
- Athluxury Collection items are made-to-order, or small batch production. Many of our Athluxury designs feature material printed with the direct-to-garment (DTG) printing method. The printing tech we use is made with sustainability in mind, and our DTG printers use almost zero wastewater and less energy, lowering our carbon footprint. The inks we use for printing are water-based and free of harmful chemicals. We take care to dispose of any left-over ink according to the ink supplier guidelines, so we’re not harming the environment.
- We are making a conscious effort to add more Eco-friendly designs with every collection, and will continue to do so in 2021 and beyond.
- Our packaging boxes are recyclable, and we try our best to match your order to the correct box size to minimize empty space.
- Our tissue paper that hugs your order while it is in transit to you comes from recycled content.